RRRRIIIIINNNNNGG! the timer chimed off. Finally, it's ready. I put two large oven mitts on decorated in fall leaves. I thought to myself as the rich flavor was teasing my nose, this is going to be the best pumpkin pie ever. I opened the oven door and a wave of heat struck my body. MMMMM, perfect! All I need is whipped cream. People started arriving and ONE BIG FAT KISS SPLATTERED ON MY CHEEK. I ran to my bathroom and a print of red shiny lips were tatooed to my cheek. YUCK! OMG! I was a hug machine that day, people wouldn't stop hugging me.
My dad arrived with the big fat juicy turkey with a touch of crispy golden skin. Mmmm I thought to myself, this is going to be scrumptious. My wela (grandma) arrived and I ran to hug her. She arrived with the green bean casserole. Mmmm, did you know she puts her secret ingredients in? It tastes wonderful, I think her secret is bacon and onions, but she smiles when I tell her. She tops off the casserole with juicy bites of chicken. My mouth is watering just thinking about her food.
I was thinking about my sister because she still hadn't arrived. Until I heard the door bell, ring-ding-dong! Yeah, she's here. BARK, BARK, BARK!!! "Hi Miss Lily!", I say to my sister's dog in a baby voice, "hers is a cute little baby, yes hers is..." Lily is a french poodle and she is spoiled rotten. "TINA! Come change into your Thanksgiving outfit." My mom MADE me wear an elegant pretty dress. "Yuck! Why can't I wear my camo, just like my dad?" As we gathered around the table to say a prayer my mom asked me to share something I was thankful for, I said my family. We ate a delicious meal.
