Thanksgiving Wedding
Written by Kelissa:
Dedicated to my Nana for always hosting Thanksgiving at her house.
My mom and dad's sides always come to my Nana's house for Thanksgiving. Her house is medium in size, it's not so big, but it's not so small either. There were kids everywhere and it was getting kind of crowded. My mom said, "Leah, Kelissa, and Kaedynn come inside already!" I went to my room and my sister and cousin Leah followed. I could smell something delicious but I couldn't seem to figure out what it was. I looked everywhere. I heard a loud noise, OMG (Oh my Gosh)! The ADULTS are in the game room. I can't believe it, can you believe the adults started to eating Thanksgiving dinner without the children? We we angry.
So my sister puts her hand in the stuffing and left a hand print. Everybody was grossed out so they didn't eat it. My Nana screamed, "Don't eat the stuffing any more!" Guess who the lucky recipient was of the handprint stuffing? Rico, my aunt Silvia's dog. Not only did he get his mouth on stuffing but he helped himself to the TURKEY. "Rico, Get over here now!" hollered my Aunt Silvia.
All of a sudden the room got quiet. My Aunt Silvia's boyfriend, Robert, told everyone to be quiet as he got down on one knee. Everyone's jaw's dropped as we covered our mouths, we knew exactly what he was going to do. He asked her, "Will you marry me?" Aunt Silvia just about passed out because he asked her in front of the whole family, but she happily said, "YES!" I know my Aunt Silvia will have a big wedding, because Uncle Robert asked her on Thanksgiving I bet she'll even have a wedding cake in the shape of a turkey.
Word Study
Principle: Suffixes are endings added to words that change the meaning. This weeks are -ful (to be full of), -ment (the act of) and -er (to do something)
Baker, maker, boxer, wonderful, joyful, enjoyment, replacement, requirement.
Baker, maker, boxer, wonderful, joyful, enjoyment, replacement, requirement.
