Quote of the Week:

Reading is like T.V. in your mind! by: Dominick Vicente

Word Study

Principle: Suffixes are endings added to words that change the meaning. This weeks are -ful (to be full of), -ment (the act of) and -er (to do something)

Baker, maker, boxer, wonderful, joyful, enjoyment, replacement, requirement.

Saturday, November 28, 2009

Texas Catering Thanksgiving Tradition

I was at the Texas Catering on King Street celebrating Thanksgiving day.  Remember that day when we all sat at the table cutting that sad turkey?  If you don't remember then I will tell you...One beautiful Thanksgiving afternoon mom and I were setting up for Thanksgiving.  "Finally!" mom exclaimed as she sweeped sweat off her forehead.  I can't wait for the pumpkin pie I thought, oh and the fruit salad.  MMMM, can you tell I have a sweet tooth?    People starting arriving, we met up with our Aunts, Uncles and cousins from out of town.  We started talking and hugging each other.  I whisped to mom that I can't stand the kisses.  We had a great reunion.  We gathered around the table, "Coming through, coming through!"  Dad said loudly.  Everybody scooched out of the way as dad barreled by with the gigantic turkey.  As my dad opened the pot we saw a juicy fat crispy turkey.  SMMMM!!! We all sniffed with our noses as we smelled.  It looked even better than last years.  "Yeah!"  Everybody began eating, no sounds all you could hear was a cricket.  In my family that means the meal is delicious.  We sat at the table to enjoy the pumpkin pie, fruit salad and turkey.  After our delicious feast we were playing games like hide and seek and break the chain.  It was sooo much fun!