Quote of the Week:

Reading is like T.V. in your mind! by: Dominick Vicente

Word Study

Principle: Suffixes are endings added to words that change the meaning. This weeks are -ful (to be full of), -ment (the act of) and -er (to do something)

Baker, maker, boxer, wonderful, joyful, enjoyment, replacement, requirement.

Saturday, August 21, 2010

Welcome Bulldogs to the 2010-2011 School Year

Welcome back to Schallert Elementary, a great school, where teachers believe and students achieve!  Mrs. Hoffman and I are sooomooo excited that you have joined Hoffmanville.  I am your host Henrietta Hoffman, a spoiled cow (I'm a real cow too, that's a picture of me when I was a baby at the top of the website =)).  I will be your host of posts, sometimes the students will post and every once in a while Mrs. Hoffman will post something so be sure to check the blog on a regular basis.  The classroom website will have a plethora (a lot) of information from birthdays to homework to what's going on in Hoffmanville.  When notices go home be sure and have your parents sign the internet permission slip form so you can check the blog at school and also so Mrs. Hoffman can put your pictures on the website.  I hope everyone is ready for a great fun filled year of learning.  Remember attitude is a little thing that can make a BIG difference so come to school with a positive attitude everyday so you can be a successful learner.  On your mark, get set, LEARN!!!  Have a great year and I'll talk to you soon. 

Mooncerely (sincerely in cow talk),

Henrietta